How to make use of the billing token the right way???

I created the token via Javascript where the billing can be controlled
better and to prevent the mixed up of the billing such as incorrect
statements or calculation.  I use the billing lock file for that purpose.  I
found that it doesn't alway work that way when the browser is refreshed or
submitted, so I customized the Javascript to make it work better.  That
solve my problem but I found that some browsers acted too soon or too late
with it's use of Javascript coding to unlocking the file, so the billing
lock doesn't get released.  So, I decided to do it all in PHP so the
browsers' issues can be removed.  I haven't decided how to best make use of
the token via PHP, so I'm wondering if anyone of you can come up with one
that is better than what I can come up with.

1) A token is a file with machine's IP address and time-stamp.
2) The machine's IP address is in charge of hte token until released.
3) If the machine with the same IP address opened another browser window,
that 2nd browser window can't have the token because the 1st browser window
are using it.  Even though it is the same webpage regardless of what part of
billing it's in.  (This one I have trouble with).

Thanks,
 Scott