Uploading products in database using zip file?

Hi,
right now in my firm, to upload new products to web site, marketing person
has to, in admin area, upload csv file (then php read content and store
info in DB), and then ftp all images in temp directory. And then, using
other php script, resize images and put them in product_images directory.
Whole process works just fine.

But, I was wondering, if is possible this "scenario":
marketing person zip images and csv file together, then in admin area
uload zip file to server, and php then unzip file and do the job.
Actually, instead doing two operations (upload csv file and ftp images) he
has to do just one thing: upload zip file.
???

Or, if somebody has an idea about this whole process?

Thanks!

-afan