Re: pdf properties

> Is there anyway to retrieve the properties from a pdf file using php?
>
> When you right click on a pdf file in windows you can see the title of
> the file and you can change this property there also.
>
> I wrote a php page that lists all files in a certain directory.  I want
> to be able show the actual title of the document instead of just the
> file name.
>
> I have searched the manual and google, everything that comes up refers
> to generating pdfs on the fly, not working with an already made pdf.

Take a PDF where you know the title.

Then do this:

<?php echo "<PRE>", implode("", file("/path/to/your.pdf")), "</PRE>;?>

Now search for that title in your browser (control-F).

Figure out what PDF markers (like HTML tags, only not) are surrounding the
title.

Write PHP code to find those tags and extract the title from between them.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm