File upload, suid directory and temporary dir

Hi,

I am trying to make upload files to belong to the ftp user of the website and not the apache user.

 As i run in module i tried to do this:

1/ create a temp dir on the website outside the documentroot, chown the temp dir to my ftp user and allow the group to write,, put the same group as the webserver on the tmp dir too.

2/ then chmod u+s it (so with suid on the directory) and at the end i put my upload_tmp_dir setting to this directory.

I was quite sure it would solve the issue BUT ... (there is allway a BUT... ;)

when i run the simple script at php.net it gives me this output :

File is valid, and was successfully uploaded.
Here is some more debugging info:Array
(
   [userfile] => Array
       (
           [name] => afnic-adherent-200x80.gif
           [type] => image/gif
           [tmp_name] => /var/tmp/php2L6xR7
           [error] => 0
           [size] => 17710
       )

)

You see :

[tmp_name] => /var/tmp/php2L6xR7

and the file belong to the apache user... not the ftp one :(

So really i wonder if anyone found a solution to this problem, or can explain me why this setup fails ?

Best regards,
Ghislain.