Re: Connecting To Multiple MySQL Databases

OK... Here's a slightly different, but related question...

Can database connection resources be serialiazed and re-used in a
different script invocation? For example, can I open a DB connection,
assign it to a $_SESSION[] variable and then later use it on a
different page? Somehow, I doubt it...

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:34:01 -0600, NathanielGuy#21 <blacknute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Worked like a charm, thanks!
> --nathan
>

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:33:17 -0700, Dan Trainor <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > NathanielGuy#21 wrote:
> > > I know this may be slightly off topic for a PHP listserv but I cant
> > > find my answer anywhere else.  I start off generating a page connected
> > > to one database as a certain user and I call a script that requires a
> > > connection to a second database as a different user.  Is there any way
> > > I could open that connection while maintaining the current one aswell?
> > >  The connection of the script is opend and closed before any more of
> > > the other page is generated.  Im not sure how to go about solving this
> > > problem other than rewriting my script.  Any ideas?
> > >
> > > --nathan
> > >

> > I'm a bit new myself, but why not call the resources seperate names?
> >
> > $sql1 = mysql_connect($host1, $user1, $pass1);
> >
> > $sql2 = mysql_connect($host2, $user2, $pass2);
> >
> > Hope that helps
> > -dant
> >
> > --
> >

> --