Re: PHP Memory limit exceeded

Richard Lynch wrote:
At the other hand i did find some huge mistake at my side... only the
download of the file require 28MB (god knows why! but i wont start to
bother
u folks about it now) the upload need 16MB so clearly u were correct but
im
sorry to admit that i didnt understand y its getting tripled... after all
the result $res is a result of an INSERT not a SELECT therfore it doesnt
return all the data but just an identification if the action went
succesful
or not... or maybe im wrong here also?

PHP probably has to create an extra big chunk of text somewhere in the
process of sending the data to PostgreSQL.

or it was simpler to write :)

About the mysql's function... well its mysql and im using postgresql... i
tried to search for something that could help uploading files data to the
server but didnt find anything useful.

Sorry.  I suspect they operate the same internally anyway, in terms of
transferring data to/from the database, and buffering the query.

no, load_file() is mysql internal function. the file is read by mysql server, so it completely bypass php and also client libraries. you need to have file priviledge.