Re: PHP Memory limit exceeded

> At the other hand i did find some huge mistake at my side... only the
> download of the file require 28MB (god knows why! but i wont start to
> bother
> u folks about it now) the upload need 16MB so clearly u were correct but
> im
> sorry to admit that i didnt understand y its getting tripled... after all
> the result $res is a result of an INSERT not a SELECT therfore it doesnt
> return all the data but just an identification if the action went
> succesful
> or not... or maybe im wrong here also?

PHP probably has to create an extra big chunk of text somewhere in the
process of sending the data to PostgreSQL.

> About the mysql's function... well its mysql and im using postgresql... i
> tried to search for something that could help uploading files data to the
> server but didnt find anything useful.

Sorry.  I suspect they operate the same internally anyway, in terms of
transferring data to/from the database, and buffering the query.

> I think that i will go on the solution of Richard and just upload the
> files
> to the file system though i dont really like this solution cause ill lose
> the integrity of the database.... but then again apprantly i dont really
> have any option do i? :P

>From a strictly utilitarian "integrity" stand-point, your database is more
safe with the files in the file system, as a single corrupt file in the
file system is less likely to bring the whole db down than a single
corrupt binary blob in the database.

If you are talking about the integrity of records matching up with files
uploaded and making sure that you don't have ghost files left from deleted
records, it's not that hard to write your business logic to be pretty
certain that things stay in sync, and then to add a cron job to check
every once in a while, with a frequent random selection of records and an
occasional full complete scan to be really certain.

It's amazinng how simple things can be when you automate them with cron :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm