Re: best way to handle user authentication, PHP vs. apache

Raymond Still wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:49:41 -0800 (PST), "Richard
Lynch" wrote:

Raymond Still wrote:

You've got a long way to go before you properly understand all the security issues you've jumbled together -- Took me forever, too. :-)

not to mention the fact that security is a moving target :-)

-- Like Music? http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

Hello;
Your absolutly right and I freely admit it. I know just
slightly more than zero about internet security. :) Can any one recomend some good resources so that I can
learn? I'm not looking for "use this function" or "that
program", but something that will help me to actually
understand.

well we assume (and hope) you have read the 'NEWBIE GUIDE' (currently being regularly posted to the list by Jay Blanchard), if not please do and see where the instructions take you, another option id to keep your eyes on this site:

http://phpsec.org/

which has just gone live - not that much info there yet AFAICS but
will probably become a good resource (they have people like Andi Gutmans
on the board/team/whatever - i.e. people who know where there towels are).

TIA
Ray