SSH system command problem

Hi,

I am trying to use a php system command to run a script and access files
from another server using SSH. This does not seem to work in PHP or else I
am doing it wrong because I keep on getting the system return value=255 when
I do

system("/usr/bin/ssh 10.0.0.1", $value)

I tried to do a "ssh -help" command to see if the reason it did not work was
that there was a problem with the server, but that did not give me a correct
return value either, so I am starting to suspect that ssh is different from
other system commands in php?

Is it possible to run ssh using php system command or do I have to try
something else? I found a new php library called ssh2 but I don't know if
that could be the solution to my problem? Have anyone used it?

/Linn Fagerberg