Re: Image Creation and Saving

NathanielGuy#21 wrote:
Ah, thank you.  after checking that the folder was there I found I had
made a mistake in the path to the folder. 8_ I can believe I didnt
find it before.  Aside from that error, did I go about the image
resizing and everything in the correct way?  What is the use of
imagecreatetruecolor().  Thanks for the help.

imagecreatetruecolor

(PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5)
imagecreatetruecolor -- Create a new true color image
Description
resource imagecreatetruecolor ( int x_size, int y_size )

imagecreatetruecolor() returns an image identifier representing a black image of size x_size by y_size.

Example 1. Creating a new GD image stream and outputting an image.
<?php
header ("Content-type: image/png");
$im = @imagecreatetruecolor(50, 100)
     or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");
$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 233, 14, 91);
imagestring($im, 1, 5, 5,  "A Simple Text String", $text_color);
imagepng($im);
imagedestroy($im);
?>

    Note: This function requires GD 2.0.1 or later.

    Note: This function will not work with GIF file formats.

See also imagedestroy() and imagecreate().

---

for a more well laided out copy of this text goto:
http://nl2.php.net/imagecreatetruecolor

or maybe the manual wasn't clear to you and you are seeking further
clarification?