Re: mail problem at interland

David Edwards wrote:
Hi,

I have a fairly simple script written that uses the mail() function on a client site hosted at Interland. I have used a similar script quite a few times before with no problem. However although the script generates no errors, no emails appear at their intended destination. Interland support has not been that helpful and they did suggest I try the '-f' option in the header. That did not work either. Has anyone seen this before, I am running out of ideas. The mail portion of the script is below:

$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n";
$headers .= "X-Priority: 1\n";
$headers .= "X-MSMail-Priority: High\n";
$headers .= "X-Mailer: php\n";
$headers .= "From: $emailfrom\n";

$mailsent = mail($emailto, $subject, $msg, $headers,"-f" . $emailfrom);

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

If you haven't solved this yet, try sending it via SMTP instead of using mail(). This will require that you send it by first logging into a valid e-mail account and sending it through a socket. PEAR::Mail <http://pear.php.net/package/Mail> can do all this for you.

Take a look at the documentation here: <http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.mail.mail.intro.php>.

--
Ben Ramsey
Zend Certified Engineer