Re: Best way to execute actions within a class

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have been building a lightweight PHP4 based, hopefully PHP5 OO structure
> where each page or php file contains its own class which is then executed
> using the constructor like so

What I would do at this point, if I were you, would be to take a step back
and look at the Design Goals that OO excels at achieving:

Code re-use, through inheritence of common behaviour
Modularization, through class segregation/API
Maintainability, through having objects that mirror real-world expectations
.
.
.

and see where and how you succeeded and where you need room for improvement.

My *personal* take would be that you've done an awful lot of coding, and
while you've got some of the benefits above, you're not really leveraging
the power of OOP all that much, and I'm wondering if you wouldn't be
better off with a structured procedural approach -- particularly since
your OOP code has led you down a path where you've got this big 'switch'
you don't care for at the heart of your code...

Just my skewed take on things.

YMMV

--
Like Music?