Re: error log

Richard Lynch wrote:
Benson wrote:

could anyone please help me on how to display all the errors to the
browser, but not to file?
I have tried modifying php.ini and httpd.conf (apache), but I am not
sure how to modify...

You would be MUCH MUCH MUCH better off to train yourself to use 'tail -f
/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log' instead.

yes indeed. 'tail -f' is your friend

although new users might not realise that the place apache
stores its log files is not the same on every system - often sharedhosting
setups have seperate logfiles per client - and some dump access/errors into
1 combined log (annoying!!!), and then you have redhat setups
(but I won't go into that again today).

for instance my err.logfile (on my main dev server) is at /var/log/apache/error_log

admittedly all these paths (and cmdline crap in general) may seem daunting
at first - a few months hardlabor in a linux shell will have you
feeling right at home :-)

Honest.

That said, you should have only needed to change php.ini in a rather
obvious way -- but you need to re-start Apache after changing it, which
was probably what you missed.