pictures alternating left and right in the text flow.

This may be very simple to you, but as Im not sure so  thought I shoud ask to
save myself a lot fo time or trial and error.

I am learning how to use php and mysql, and am trying to set up a wite. I have
been doing volunteer work for many years and have been sending newsletter ever
2 months or so, and now I want to put these onthe web. Each newsletter has some
text and some pictures. The text is sometimes longer and sometimes there are not
so many pictures. What I would like to do is not have all the pictures in one
column and the text in one, but have the pictures alternating between left and
right, keeping a database of the text and pictures.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks