Re: Re: pcntl_fork doesn't work [RESOLVED]

Thanks. I had read about passthru before but missed the note about running a program in the background.
I ended up working out a solution using exec:
exec( "/usr/bin/php my_other_php_script.php arg1 arg2 arg3 &").
(passed some data to the other script on the commandline).

thanks,
-John