RE: Re: [NEWBIE GUIDE] For the benefit of new members

[snip]
...lots of really good stuff...
[/snip]

So, basically I saw 3 possible action items from this discussion...

1. phParrot development
2. Weekly CRON of NEWBIE GUIDE (once I get the e-mail portion figured
out)
3. OT posts should contain a TIP or TRICK? If we did this we could
harvest them once in a while for dissemination to the group. How you
say? You could contain the tip in a tag, example...

[tip type="query error checking" author="Jay Blanchard"]
When issueing a query to the database I always find it healthy to do
error checking in this form
if(!($resultOfQuery = mysql_query($query, $databaseConnection))){
	echo "This gave me an error " . mysql_error() . "\n";
	exit();
}
If an error is thrown the application exits immediately so that I can
correct and move on.
[/tip]

As you can see, using some reasonable regex would get the tip out. Also,
when phParrot is up and running a tip can be given with each reply if a
databse of these tips was gathered. Someone then could gather all of the
tips, publish a book and make us all famous.

I may have had too much caffeine this AM -- looks like my enthusiasm
level is set to 'HIGH'