Re: Log-in script help

These ideas are great and all, but I'm a real PHP newb so I have some
questions.

It was that I should "look for the user in the database that stores the
access info" Could I just use an array for that? Or does it have to be MySQL or
something.

$_Session['user_id']= (who) - Does that just add the user to the session?

And I have some more questions. For instance, once the person has logged in,
how do I forward them to the page they now have access to? How do I set the
permissions the users have? How do I make it so that a user will not be allowed
to a page if they haven't logged in?

I guess these are all pretty newb questions..but I appreciate your time and
patience.