Re: Log-in script help

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:45, AceZero2790@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey,
>        I need a particular type log in script. I'm not sure how to do it or
> where I could find a tutorial that would help me, so I'll describe what I need
> and then maybe someone could tell me what kind of script I need (sessions or
> whatever) and where I could get the script/learn how to make it.
>        I need a pretty basic log in script. Something that people log in to,
> and the page and all linked/related pages cannot be accessed unless the person
> has logged in.
>        So what do I need for this? Cookies, sessions both? And where can I
> learn how?
>
> -Andrew

I use the pear auth package and like it alot.  I know I did some
modification for our purposes but I suspect it works out of the box.

All you do is include auth.php on all pages you want to protect and it
will direct you to a login page if you have not logged in.  Pretty cool
stuff.

http://pear.php.net/package/Auth
HTH

Bret