Re: Upgrading PHP 4.2.2 on Red Hat 9

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 18:12, James Butler wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Has anyone successfully upgraded a PHP 4.2.2 installation on a
> Red Hat 9 machine to a more secure version?
>
> I just want any more-secure version of PHP than 4.2.2, but it's looking
> like I'll have to use Fedora or Gentoo or Mandrake or something in order

<snip>
> Thanks in advance for ANY help at all.

Redhat used to do a pretty good job of backporting security issues and I
am assuming that fedoralegacy.org is still doing it.  There are php rpms
out there dated October so I it looks like to me they are trying to keep
up.

http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/updates/i386/

you might take a look at the changelog to see if the fix you are worried
about is there.

Bret