Re: Re: Persistent PHP web application?

> A lame Example to illustrate the purpose of Application-Scope
> variables would be the persistant DB connections. Not 100% the same
> but it's for the same purpose
>
> So if you could have a huge object persistant( Application-Scope
> object ) that does alot of work for you then that object is a PHP
> persistant application which I call Application-Scope var or object !
>
> Hope that clears it out.

For single-server multi-threaded architectures this is trivial to do,
but it doesn't scale to the multi-server multi-process architecture PHP
uses.

-Rasmus

don't you just love it, the way Rasmus uses the term 'single-server multi-threaded architectures' and the word 'trivial' in the same sentence - you just know he's on another/higher level :-)