Re: Re: PHPED PHP IDE (wasRe: [PHP] php editor)

Leicter, the point I was making was that there was at least one IDE
with a debugger - you said there was not, you did not stipulate free.
Anyway not having a go, just clearing up miscommunication.  Thanks for
the work you put into phpeclipse.  from what I have seen so far it
rocks.  BTW is there anyway of getting line numbers down the left hand
she of the source file.  Having to run the cursor up/down and look at
the current line namer is a bit fiddly.

Marco, I'me not actually using a debugger yet but was going to give
DBG a go.  what are the relative merits of DBG/Xdebug (licence/ease of
installation/functionality...).  Ime using Linux (Ubuntu/Debian).

Anyway it douse not matter if the debugger is a separate module to the
IDE as long as it is well integrated.  Actually I would prefer they
were separate - I prefer best of breed than monolithic;).

Ben

Regards,
Ben

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:58:03 +0100, Marco Schuler <listworks@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 18. Januar 2005 16:49 schrieb Lester Caine:
> > http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-studio.php
> >
> > That's not PhpED either and it's not free.
> >
> > The debugger is an element a number of people use. We use it in
> > PHPEclipse as well. Versions of the DEBUGGER are free, but there
> > are also 'improved' versions that are not, integrated into other
> > IDE's
>
> Which free debugger? afaik there is only an integrated debugger in
> php3 (http://www.zend.com/manual/debugger.php).
>
> Are you using one of DBG APD or Xdebug? Are you using Eclipse with the
> debugger on linux?
>
> --
> Cheers!
> Marco
>
> --

Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of
using the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)