RE: question about a cron job

Jochem Maas wrote:
> Michael Sims wrote:
>> "Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool
>> directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab)  has changed,
>> and  if  it  has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs
>> and reload those which have changed.  Thus cron need not be
>> restarted whenever a crontab file is modified."
>
> say you change the crontab (do a save) in minute 2:49pm, then the file
> will be checked and reloaded, by the time that thats complete it will
> be passed 3:00:00pm (or more precisely after the jobtrigger was run),
> maybe what was meant was; that the 'everyminute' job would therefore
> trigger for the first time when cron checks jobs on 3:01:00pm?

Oh, I see.  At any rate, once it starts running at 3:01 it should then run every
minute from that point forward until it's removed from the crontab.  I'm not sure
that the OP was getting that point.  (BTW, I think you meant 2:59pm unless you've
got some really slow transfer rates on your hard drives. :)