Re: [Fwd: [PHP-INSTALL] Install of PHP 5.0.3 Error]

I found other things about this online doing google.  I have not fixed
it though.  I can get apache to start but PHP will not parse any
variables.  It does does remove the code so I know it is running and the
mail() function can be done.  It just does not contain any variable
information.  I did an ldd and it showed this:

Any help?

ldd -r /usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
        libz.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libz.so.1
        libxml2.so.2 =>  /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2
        libiconv.so.2 =>         /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
        libpthread.so.1 =>       /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        symbol not found: ap_user_id
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_group_id
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_user_name
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_max_requests_per_child
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_server_root
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: top_module
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_loaded_modules
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_block_alarms
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_unblock_alarms
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_rwrite
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_rflush
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_should_client_block
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_signal
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_hard_timeout
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_get_client_block
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_reset_timeout
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_table_get
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_pstrdup
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_table_set
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_table_add
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_send_http_header
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_log_error
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_block_alarms
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_register_cleanup
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_unblock_alarms
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_setup_client_block
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_add_common_vars
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_add_cgi_vars
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_getword
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_uudecode
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_getword_nulls_nc
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_auth_type
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_kill_timeout
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_update_mtime
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_set_last_modified
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_set_etag
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_add_version_component
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_child_terminate
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_get_server_version
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_sub_req_lookup_uri
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_destroy_sub_req
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_run_sub_req
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_pstrndup
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        symbol not found: ap_table_setn
(/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so)
        libthread.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libthread.so.1

Kelly

> Kelly wrote:
> > I have installed PHP 5.0.3 on an Intel box running Apache 1.3 with a
> > Solaris 9 x86 OS.  When I try to restart the Apache server I get this
> > error:
> >
> > Syntax error on line 249 of
> > /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so into server: ld.so.1:
> > /usr/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so: symbol xmlRelaxNGCleanupTypes:
> > referenced symbol not found
> >

> > I looked up on the PHP bugs website and it says the error is not a bug
> > it is bogus.  It says the problem is UNIX maintenance.  It seems if you
> > have two 'libxml2' versions on the system you will get this error.  It
> > says to delete the older version and Apache will start.  I found a
> > version at '/usr/include/libxml2/libxml' and
> > '/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml'.  I deleted the entire directory
> > '/usr/include/libxml2/libxml'.
>
> So you deleted the 'include' directory, but what about the corresponding
> .so file which is probably still hanging around, still being found, and
> still being loaded...
>
> Only now you have 1 and 1/2 installations instead of 2, so it's *REALLY*
> messed up. :-)
>
> > I still get the same error.  I decided
> > OK maybe I should recompile PHP now that the other version is gone.  I
> > can do a './configure --with-apxs=/usr/apache/bin/apxs'.  After I do the
> > configure and enter 'make' it says make: not found.  So not only can I
> > not get past the error now I cannot even re-compile.  What am I doing
> > wrong.  Is there a registry like componant to Solaris I need to change
> > to show the old version is gone?  Any help out there for me?
>
> I dunno about Solaris, but under Linux one would do 'ldconfig' to re-load
> the available set of libraries.
>
> --
> Like Music?
> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm