Re: [Fwd: [PHP-INSTALL] Install of PHP 5.0.3 Error]

Kelly wrote:
High Guys,

I don't take drugs ;-)
I was about to say ask the php-install list - but it looks like you have been there.

I have installed PHP 5.0.3 on an Intel box running Apache 1.3 with a
Solaris 9 x86 OS. When I try to restart the Apache server I get this error:

Syntax error on line 249 of
/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/apache/libexec/libphp5.so: symbol xmlRelaxNGCleanupTypes:
referenced symbol not found

I looked up on the PHP bugs website and it says the error is not a bug it is bogus. It says the problem is UNIX maintenance. It seems if you have two 'libxml2' versions on the system you will get this error. It says to delete the older version and Apache will start. I found a version at '/usr/include/libxml2/libxml' and '/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml'. I deleted the entire directory '/usr/include/libxml2/libxml'. I still get the same error. I decided OK maybe I should recompile PHP now that the other version is gone. I can do a './configure --with-apxs=/usr/apache/bin/apxs'. After I do the configure and enter 'make' it says make: not found. So not only can I not get past the error now I cannot even re-compile. What am I doing wrong. Is there a registry like componant to Solaris I need to change

to show the old version is gone?  Any help out there for me?

sure there is.
I know next to nothing about solaris (it does not have a registry tho, thats an M$ invented POS for allowing hackers to take over you system and hiding simple configuration settings from the owners of the system ;-), but I know how to google:

I tried googling PHP+"make: not found"+Solaris
and came up with:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/lists/php-install/2000072/0279.php

in which Rasmus make a comment (which I hope helps you): he may not know you (he doesn't know me!) but I think you should know him (he's an PHP dev and can be credited with being the guy that gave birth to what came to be know as PHP - i.e. he knows his sh**)

Kelly