php style guides

Hi everyone,

What 'rules' do you follow about styling/formatting your PHP code? Do you follow a guide that is available online?

I generally have my own preference for formatting like

if ( condition )
{
   statements;
}

for all conditional statements and loops, as opposed to

if (condition) {
   statements;
}

But what I'm really wanting to get everyones thoughts about is in regard to combining PHP with HTML.

I used to do:

<?php
  echo "blah";
  ?><h1>test</h1><?php
  echo "blah";
?>

but just tried

<?php
  echo 'blah';
  echo '<h1>test</h1>';
  echo 'blah';
?>

which I find it's much easier to read to code.

What do other people do and for what reason? What are the advantages/disadvantages to doing it certain ways?

Thanks for your time.

Tim