Re: imagecreatefromjpeg

Juergen Rehberger wrote:
Hi

Thanx for the fast response to my problem

I have checked my memory limit in the php.ini file and it is 8mb as well on my offline server. i further noticed that on my online server it doesnt realy depend on the filesize in mb but rather the size in pixel. once i try to upload images larger than 1280*960 it gives me an error message. on my offline server this size is no problem.

I wonder why it tries to allocate so much memory in teh first place since the pics are not that big in size. the last one i tried was 300kb but had a resolution of 2272 / 1704px. its really weird.

Not really that strange. The internal manipulation format is uncompressed so you can work out exactly how much memory it needs simply by multiplying your resolution by the colour depth. The fact that it is 300k on your disk is completely irrelevant.

-Rasmus