Re: 403 not working -- apache 2 / php5 / linux

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 04:13, Jason Morehouse wrote:

> I don't need a lesson in file permissions, thanks.  Apache runs as
> nobody.  The problem isn't trying to get apache to display test.php,
> it's having it display the proper 403 error page, rather than a php
> error when it doesn't have access to a page.

Maybe you should have made more explicit in your original post what your
question was (as is evident in the number of inappropriate responses that you
have received).

> Each page, test.html and test.php have the same permissions.  The html
> page gives the expected 403 error message when I try and access it
> (thats what I want).  The other, php script doesn't.  This is a security
> concern for me as it reveals paths on my system in the event a page has
> the wrong permissions.

Well it will display said error message IFF you have display_errors enabled.
On a production machine display_errors should *not* be enabled.

> Why does apache not server the 403 on the php
> page?  Maybe  this is better off in the apache list.

No idea.