Re: 403 not working -- apache 2 / php5 / linux

Jonel Rienton wrote:
man chmod, i gather you're new to linux/*nix

I don't need a lesson in file permissions, thanks. Apache runs as nobody. The problem isn't trying to get apache to display test.php, it's having it display the proper 403 error page, rather than a php error when it doesn't have access to a page.

Each page, test.html and test.php have the same permissions. The html page gives the expected 403 error message when I try and access it (thats what I want). The other, php script doesn't. This is a security concern for me as it reveals paths on my system in the event a page has the wrong permissions. Why does apache not server the 403 on the php page? Maybe this is better off in the apache list.

--
Jason Morehouse
Vendorama - Create your own online store