Re: bizzare duplicate mail() call

The first place I would look is in your web server logs to establish if the pages are actually requested multiple times at the time the duplicate emails are sent.

- Jamie

Hello all - this problem is so wierd that I don't even know where to start. Hopefully you all can give me a couple leads.

I have some reporting systems going on in various places on the server - mail() is called when a user does this or that. These scripts are farily simple, so I am next to certain is isn't the code - but every once in a while, more than one duplicate email will be sent.

What is so strange is that it only occurs for these odd periods of time. For example, yesterday from 4pm to this morning at 7am, 2 copies would be sent. Last week for several days, 5 copies would be sent.

The emails are frequent enough (every couple of minutes) that it is very easy to track, but I don't have a clue as to what would be the cause.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start looking?

Thanks in advance!