Re: bizzare duplicate mail() call

Hello Jed,

JRB> What is so strange is that it only occurs for these odd periods of time. For
JRB> example, yesterday from 4pm to this morning at 7am, 2 copies would be sent.
JRB> Last week for several days, 5 copies would be sent.

JRB> The emails are frequent enough (every couple of minutes) that it is very
JRB> easy to track, but I don't have a clue as to what would be the cause.

Rule out if this is a mail server glitch or a PHP script one - one
simple way would be to locate the scripts that send out the mail and
perhaps get them to write an entry to a text file with something
simple like a timestamp and a message of "mail sent". Get the script
to append the data to the log rather than over-write.

Then just view the log file after this situation has happened again.
If there are 5 instances of a mail being sent then the error is with
the PHP script logic, or the fact the script is being called 5 times
somehow. If not, the error is with the mail server.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde