Re: Persistent PHP web application?

> I think I understand where you're coming from. I've had a similar
> problem and the best solution I've found is eAccelerator (previously
> known as Turck MMCache). What EA does is keep the bytecodes PHP compiles
> inshared memory so next time you need that script PHP doesn't need to
> recompile, EA returns the bytecode from SHM. Now, since PHP scripts are
> compiled and saved in SHM all I need to do is /save/ the data that does
> not change often but requires a lot of queries as code (an array inside
> a script) and include it whenever I need the data. No recompiling, no
> need to touch the DB again, pure speed. I hope all this helps you. I
> personally don't need extra processes and stuff like that but if you
> really want all that you can take a look at phpbeans.
>
> Hope it helps,
>

> Adrian Madrid

phpBeans looks interesting. after browsing the site a bit, looking at
the introductory material and so on, i couldn't discern the way the
phpbean server persists the beans, and, hence, if the solution would be
fitting for what i'm looking for.  what i'm looking for is a solution
that will keep compiled zend variables and functions (the end result of
executed php code that defines the variables and functions), in memory,
without serialization, across multiple requests.  if this is how the
beans are kept persistent, i'm interested :)

i'm going to try to find someone at phpbeans who can answer that. if
others are interested, email me and i'll let you know what i find
(if/when i find it)...

/jw