Re[5]: How to argue with ASP people...

Hello Chris,

CS> but that this limitation doesn't prevent an ASP developer from
CS> modularizing code when there is support for SSI.

There is always support for SSI on IIS, infact removing this support
is a registry editing hassle in its own right. So to assume you will
have this functionality is, unlike with Apache, perfectly valid for
the vast majority of ASP developers. Still, you are right it is
indeed a server controlled feature, it is however one you can actually
rely on having. I guess from M$'s point of view it makes sense - to
them you only host ASP pages on IIS boxes, and IIS always pushes
scripts through the SSI DLL, so there was probably no real need to
duplicate an already existing feature.

It is a testament to PHPs vision they think more "outside the box"
than this, but the net result is the same.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde