Re[3]: How to argue with ASP people...

Hello Ron,

RC> You then do <%=filen%> to go back into ASP to get the value of the
RC> variable into the HTML code that you wrote. ASP is not including the file,
RC> it is only supplying a file name for SSI includes whether apache SSI or
RC> IIS SSI. The server parsing the HTML recognizes the HTML comment is
RC> sentax for server side include and includes the suppplied file name.

Perhaps this is a better example for you:

script1.asp
<%
  StrName = "bob"
%>

script2.asp
<!--#include file="script1.asp"-->
<%
  Response.Write "Hello " & StrName
%>

Clearer now? I understand what you're saying perfectly, but in the
context of ASP scripts I am afraid it's wrong.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde