Re: Strange issues with header output

> From: <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi there, I have been building a player script which outputs a windows
> media asx playlist with theheader output type of video-ms-wmv. I have experienced some wierd issues
> when i use ifstatements at certain points with the header tag enclosed within it, i get
> unexpected results on themac plugin. "Playlist format is unrecognised" Ie
>
> if ($_SESSION['referer_checked']) {
>
> header(aplicationtype ...);
> echo $asx_playtlist here
> }
>
> Is there somehow that an if statement is adding stuff to the header when
> it shouldnt be ?

An IF statement isn't going to affect headers. There must be something else in your code doing the damage. Start printing things out or logging values to a file so you can track what's going on and what changes there are. The only way an IF could affect something is if you mistakenly put

if($somevar = 'somevalue')

which is an _assignment_ instead of an _equality_ check and always comes out true. Then if you used "$somevar" somewhere  it's value may be messed up and corrupt your file or headers.

---John Holmes...

UCCASS - PHP Survey System
http://www.bigredspark.com/survey.html