Re: "No input file specified." error.

* Thus wrote Francisco Javier Escoppinichi Fernandez:
> Hi Curt,
>
> >* Thus wrote Francisco Javier Escoppinichi Fernandez:
> >
> >>Hello people.
> >>
> >>I got a little problem here, and I already searched on Google for
> >>possible solutions, but I still can't figure how to fix it.
> >>
> >>I'm developing a CMS Application on PHP. On my dev  machine I'm running
> >>Apache 1.3.33 + PHP 4.3.9 as a module, and on my production machine i'm
> >>running Apache 1.3.33 + PHP 4.3.9 as CGI.
> >>
> >>Generally, I pass parameters to my scripts using this scheme:
> >>
> >>http://mydomain.com/index.php/var1/var2/var3
> >>
> >>This works perfectly on my dev machine, but when I upload the script to
> >>the production machine, I get the error "No input file specified." if I
> >>try to pass any parameter in the URL. But if I call the script without
> >>paramaters, it simply works perfectly.
> >

> >What webserver and version is on the production server?
> >What OS is it being ran on?
>
> My production webserver is currently running on Red Hat Linux 9 with
> Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 4.3.9 as a CGI,  not as a module.

This is odd, because the CGI specs specifically allow for the
PATH_INFO to work. The IIS problem I mentioned was because IIS
would simply pass the file [docroot]/index.php/var1/var2/var3 to
php, instead of setting PATH_INFO=/var1/var2/var3 and then running
[docroot/index.php

Check the output of your apache error logs, if you're not getting
anything there, change the logging level (in apache) to show as
much info as possible.

Curt
--
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."