Re: "No input file specified." error.

Hi Curt,

* Thus wrote Francisco Javier Escoppinichi Fernandez:

Hello people.

I got a little problem here, and I already searched on Google for
possible solutions, but I still can't figure how to fix it.

I'm developing a CMS Application on PHP. On my dev  machine I'm running
Apache 1.3.33 + PHP 4.3.9 as a module, and on my production machine i'm
running Apache 1.3.33 + PHP 4.3.9 as CGI.

Generally, I pass parameters to my scripts using this scheme:

http://mydomain.com/index.php/var1/var2/var3

This works perfectly on my dev machine, but when I upload the script to
the production machine, I get the error "No input file specified." if I
try to pass any parameter in the URL. But if I call the script without
paramaters, it simply works perfectly.

What webserver and version is on the production server?
What OS is it being ran on?

My production webserver is currently running on Red Hat Linux 9 with Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 4.3.9 as a CGI, not as a module.

My guess that it is running on IIS (windows) and is being executed
as a CGI.  And if my memory is correct, there isn't a way around
this, due to a flaw in the way IIS handles CGI's in certain
conditions.

Yes, when I Googled in search for my problem, most of the results talked about that.

Curt