web IDE

Hi list,
Sorry to repeat, but I thought I'd try give a clear idea of what I
wanted to do with my last question entitled 'php ide scripts' to see
if anyone else has done this and can direct me to or send me some
'beginners' files I can use.

What I want to do is create a program I can run on my local web server
that will allow me to write scripts faster. Unlike most computer
programmers I do not have a very good memory and so if I want to write
a table (or a form or something) in html I have to always look at my
textbook and copy out the tags. The same for php. If I want to write a
function, or a do-while structure I have to go back to the book and
copy out the correct syntax. This is very frustrating for me and slows
my learning process down.
What I have in mind is this:

Create a web page that allows me to create files with basic formating
#!/usr/bin/php....: for php <?php.....?>).

I will use a text field and button on my web-page to create a new
version of whatever template I want, then open the file  in a text area
for editing. (Can I do this by simply turning the file into one long
string and putting it in the text box? I think there's a javascript
function for setting the contents of a textbox (and I've used VB's
one) but can I do this with php?)

On the same page (or through links to other pages) I will have buttons
that will allow me to insert the 'skeleton' text of a variable
declaration, or a function prototype, or a control structure into my
already open template file in the text area, then using text boxes set
the actual(static) values I want to use.

When I'm finished, I should have the file in a text area on my web page with my
completed script which I can then save and close.

If I can get this basic system working, all that remains for me to do
is  write the string functions for appending/editing my template files
as I learn more and more about the language (exploring function
libraries and writing my own) and develop more complex
applications.

One problem I'm having at the moment is how to create a file from an
html form. I have a php script that uses fopen() to create a new file.
This works fine when I call it from bash but I don't know how to do it
using a button on an html form. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Malcolm.