Re: PHP via DIAL-UP?

Police Trainee wrote:
> Hello. I have a computer at my office running Apache
> that I use to run PHP scripts with using
> http://localhost.
>
> Is there anyway I can set up my computer to allow me
> to dial-in from home and use the webserver and my php
> applications?
>
> It is a win 98 system with tcp/ip.

Yes...

But that's probably a bad idea, as your computer will then be subject to a
zillion Bad People trying to break in.

That means you'll need to turn yourself into a Security Expert overnight.

It would be far far far wiser to move your PHP scripts onto a well-managed
web-server, where somebody with the experience to manage it will keep it
running.

You will then be able to access your application from any networked
computer, office or home.

It's still not a PHP question, though, but I felt it better to give you
this advice than have you running to Windows forums to find out how to do
something that's a Bad Idea in the first place.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm