Re: STUMPED: path/style vars in Windows with IIS

Ck wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to get path/style variables working in windows with IIS on
> a hosted environment.  What I mean by path/style variables is the
> following:  Say I have a script "test.php" that can be accessed via:
>
> http://mydomain/controller.php
>
> ...I want to pass variables to it like:
>
> http://mydomain/controller.php/article/10
>
> ...With IIS, I get a "404 Object Not Found" error when I append
> anything after "controller.php".  In the past with Apache this has
> always just simply worked, even as a cgi module.  What do I do to get
> this working with IIS?

Switch to Apache :-)
http://apache.org

Actually, semi-seriously -- If you *can* switch, you'll be able to
install, configure, and fix this issue in Apache faster than you can
figure out how to fix this one issue in IIS.  Much less fix all the other
issues you're going to run into in IIS.

YMMV.

--
Like Music?