Re: Text tools

You maybe able to do this (and will eventually definitely be able to do this) with Winbinder on Windows platform with native GUI.  He's still on what he calls "pre-alpha" but what's in there already is coming along very nicely.

Check out the sourceforge pages:
http://winbinder.sourceforge.net/

Documentation and functionality are still developing, but there are some examples to pick through and a discussion email list that you can get fairly quick answers from.

Someone posted some links to an editor or two recently that may already do what you're trying to do if you want to implement something web-based though.   Damn, I forget the name now but there was one recently that worked in IE, but not in Firefox.  Someone mind re-posting that for Will?

Good luck!

-TG