Re: sharing info between websites with XML?

On Sunday 12 December 2004 22:33, p80 wrote:

> > eg do you want to only make available
> > specific pre-defined bits of data to client websites,
>
> yes this is how I'd like to proceed

OK, if there are only a limited number of these "pre-defined bits of data"
then the easiest way is probably just output it as plain text (you don't say
what kind of data you're sharing) in an easy to parse format (CSV, XML,
whatever you're comfortable with).

> I'm not sure about this yet. I know XML is pretty unsecure when it's not
> encrypted as it's only text. does php provide functions to ecrypt XML while
> on transit or should I use other technics than XML?

If your webserver is SSL enabled you could just make the data available only
via login on SSL. It's relatively easy to setup the clients to login
automatically. PHP supports encryption if you install the necessary libraries
and configure PHP accordingly (manual > Mcrypt Encryption Functions). However
the client has to be configured similarly so that it can decode the stuff.