Re: sharing info between websites with XML?

On Sunday 12 December 2004 21:35, p80 wrote:
> I have several website that use mysql as a database and I would like them
> to access each other DB. The problem is that I can't connect to each other
> mysql DB so I'm looking for a way to do so. I'm thinking of droping the
> mysql database in xml files that could be parse using php xml parser but
> I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it (sharing db's content). If
> it's the best way to do it tips would be welcome :) and if it's not the
> best way to do it could u please tell me what's the right way?

You're asking a very general question here. How you would approach this
depends very much on what exactly it is that you're wanting to do. Perhaps if
you could be more specific -- eg do you want to only make available specific
pre-defined bits of data to client websites, does the client website have any
need to change the data, does the data have to be encrypted whilst in
transit, are all the websites under your control (more specifically can they
be trusted), etc.