RE: grabbing source of a URL

I suspect that you don't really want to cut out everything but the text
(since you plan to display it) but check out;

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.strip-tags.php

Now, keep in mind that since you are getting the source from the url, and
I'm guessing that the web server serving up the source will process php
files, this function will probably never see any php in that case, so when
you said "a URL's source" you must have meant "html source" generated by a
php program.

Warren Vail