Re: a question about the PHP manualB

At 09:56 AM 12/9/2004, Eakin, W wrote:
>Hello,
>    As I'm studying, and learning, PHP, I use certain resources again and
> again. A few books I've bought, some web sites, this mailing list, and
> the PHP manual. I've taken the often repeated 'RTFM' to heart, and I
> attempt to google or RTFM before considering a post to the list with a
> question, but now I have a question about the manual itself.
>I've noticed that most of the replies to the questions on this list, when
>they refer to a part of the manual,  point to the same few sections over
>and over. Such as arrays, strings, sessions, objects, and a few others.
>My question is this, when I'm reading the manual, is just that I should
be
>concentrating on a few sections (and if so, which?), or should I be
giving
>equal attention to all the sections, including some (I suppose) I might
>never use.

I have found that when learning a new language that it is a good idea to
read the whole manual it time permits, even it there are sections that you
don't think you will ever need. Later on when programming you may need to
do something and remember that function that you never thought you would
need. It never hurts to no what's available even if you don't think you
will need it.

Ron Clark
System Administrator
Armstrong Atlantic State University