Re: how to display the content step by step

yangshiqi wrote:
> Just like many applications, I want to display my main content table a
> sector after a sector, may be row ater row.

Is there a specific *WEB* application you are thinking of that does this?

Because while many desktop applications may do this, web applications have
very little control over the rendering of the content, since that's done
by the browser, for better or worse.

> Coz the html may wait until the whole table be downloaded then to show it,
> but I see some application like the Web calendar
> http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php?topic=Demo
>
> Anyone here know about this?

I also am just seeing the whole page in an eye-blink.  Fast connection at
work...

You may want to try using:
http://php.net/flush
to force your content to be sent to the browser, and:
http://php.net/ob_flush
if you've got output buffering turned on, or just turn output buffering
*OFF* in the first place.  But then you'll need to understand HTTP headers
and http://php.net/header and actually structure your code properly so the
header function is always called before the content goes out.

In the end, though, it may turn out that the answer is that your HTML
doesn't allow your browser (and maybe or maybe not other browsers) to
render quickly.  Change your HTML is the answer, and what to change it to
has little to do with PHP.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm