Re: How to Add a Module

>> not '--width-mcrypt', just '--with-mcrypt' ;)
>
> Sorry, i must learn to think before i type ;-)
>
> but i am still left wondering if i have to copy anythign to my php dir
> after
> running said command.

Yes, of course.  Sorry.

You'll then need to follow the steps to compile and install:

make
make install

You'll also need to stop and restart your Apache server in order for the
new PHP Module to get loaded.

It's probably best to find the startup and shutdown scripts on your
distribution and start/stop Apache that way, so you know it will work if
you ever re-boot.

Under RedHat (et al) it's something like:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/apache stop

ps auxwwww | grep httpd

/etc/rc.d/init.d/apache start

'apache' might be 'apache2'
Or it might be 'httpd'
And init.d might be in /etc instead of /etc/rc.d
Just hit 'tab' a lot in the shell to find it :-)

The ps part is to be sure you have successfully STOPPED Apache.  I've had
too many experiences where 'apache stop' didn't stop, but also didn't
provide any error feedback, and then 'apache start' the same, and you
THINK you re-started Apache, but you didn't.  Quite confusing.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm