RE: Free for commercial use?

Taken from http://www.php.net/license/:

Note: the following questions and answers only apply to version 2.01 and
2.02 of the PHP license. Ignore for version 3.0.

Q. What does the PHP license mean then, in simple words?

A. (Note: This answer should in no way be taken to replace the PHP
license, it is intended to give you a general impression of what the
license means.) Essentially, the PHP license gives you the right to use,
distribute and modify PHP as much as you want, for both commercial and
non-commercial use. You just have to make it clear to the user that what
you have distributed contains PHP.

Q. The Zend license says I may not charge money for stuff I sell along
with Zend. Does that mean I cannot sell PHP scripts or web sites that I
build?

A. No. Not at all. This clause only concerns software built around the
Zend scripting engine library, not scripts that PHP executes, using that
library. You are free to distribute PHP source code you write freely or
commercially, without any concern about the PHP or Zend licenses. You
may also package PHP as a whole with your commercial applications as
much as you want. You just can't build commercial applications that use
the Zend scripting engine library directly.

The last two sentences should cover what you're looking for.  Err..
Except that it only applies to PHP license 2.01 and 2.02, not the newest
3.0.  Maybe I didn't find the answer you were looking for. Sorry.

For full details, see the full license text at
http://www.php.net/license/3_0.txt