Differences in arrays

I have arrays set up in a user form.  One type is from
a multi-select list. (I'm passing these through a
multi page form as session variables)

The multi select list array code is like this:

To $_POST (going on to next page)I have this:

$_SESSION['industry'] = $_POST['L_Industry'];

Then in the final page where the database insert takes
place:

if ( is_array($_SESSION['industry'] ) ) {
	foreach ($_SESSION['industry'] as $p ) {
$query = "INSERT INTO Prof_Industries (ProfID, IndID)
VALUES ('$LID', '$p')";

$res4 = run_query($query);

This seems to work just fine as the printout(echo) :

INSERT INTO Prof_Industries (ProfID, IndID) VALUES
('118', '1')

NOW here is the problem:

I have 3 textfield elements all named school[]

To post those:

$_SESSION['schools'] = $_POST['school'];

Then in preparation for insert:

if ( is_array($_SESSION['schools'] ) ) {
foreach($_SESSION['schools'] as $h) {
$query = "INSERT INTO Prof_Schools (ProfID, School)
VALUES ('$LID', '$h')";
$res6 = run_query($query);
echo $query;
	}
}
But here is the problem, it seems if the user didn't
input on all 3 textfields the query fails, because the
array is printing out like this:

INSERT INTO Profiles_Schools (ProfID, School)
VALUES ('118', 'Baruch')

INSERT INTO Profiles_Schools (ProfID, School)
VALUES ('118', '')

INSERT INTO Profiles_Schools (ProfID, School) VALUES
('118', '')

So you see there is no value for 2 and 3 as the user
didn't input.  But the array moves through the
elements anyway as the ProfID is assigned in the
query.

1-I guess I need a way to make sure in the foreach
that when the first empty element is reached the loop
dies.

2- Why would the second array behave differently then
the first ?

Stuart
Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to makre sure it
was clear in details.