Re: Apache 2 on RedHat

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:13:37 -0800, Bart Baenisch <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    I believe I understand the thread unsafeness problem, and I
think a reasonable cure is the prefork MPM for Apache 2, as
RedHat distributes.

    If we decide to avoid the work of removing the Apache
2.whatever that RedHat distributes and building our own Apache
1.3.3whatever, are there any other risks to sticking with the
prefork Apache 2?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

If you don't encounter any problems with Apache 2 and threads, use that. The vast majority of the time there are no issues, especially if you aren't significantly diverging from your distro, and the benefits are signficant. Prefork shouldn't have any issues, but just test the basic config first.

http://www.smempire.org