Re: echo string with question mark in it

Brent Clements wrote:
> I have the following string variable
>
> $string = 'test.php?id=' . $id;
>
> but when I echo out the string it looks like this
>
> test.php?
> id=#########
>
> ####### is the $id variable value btw.
>
> How do I make the ? part of the string instead of php evaluating that
> question mark?
>
> I've tried adding \ before the ? but it doesn't work.

PHP ain't doing nuthin' with that ?...

Are you looking at this in a browser?

Is ####### reallllly long?

Is it possible that the browser (or email client) seeing a reallllly long
string, has no choice to break it in half *somewhere* and puts it on two
lines.

And, of course, given that string, the most natural (from a persepctive of
the English language) break would be at the "?"

TIP:
Use "View Source" in your browser to see what PHP is *really* sending.
Similar functionality exists in some email clients, in differing names/menus.

Oh, and if the break is messing you up in sending a link via email, put <
and > around the link like so:

In *email* the < and > are supposed to tell the email client *not* to
break that stuff up into multiple lines.

Of course, there are many broken email clients out there (shocking, I
know, but true) so you also want to provide the link without the <link>
bits for those clients.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm